November 23, 2009

.the joys of dog ownership.

There are many wonderful surprises to wake up to: breakfast in bed, newly fallen snow outside your window, a hug and kiss from the one you love. There are, however, some particularly nasty things to wake up to. See exhibit A: one extremely poop covered dog.

Yes, that is what I got to start my morning off with today. Oakley apparently had either not been able to hold it or had felt sick during the night because he was covered from nose to tail with... well, you know. Not to mention his kennel, all of his toys, his food and water dish, and the living room wall had a nice coating as well.

So, I had the wonderful privilege of cleaning up his puppy mess for the better part of an hour and a half this morning. First, I had to lug everything, dog, kennel, and all, out into the very cold, snowy backyard. This was, in theory a good idea, except Oakley kept finding what I can only describe as "poop tidbits" to either sit in or lick up; the former causing more mess and the latter inspiring a shockingly strong gag reflex.

After much scrubbing, most of a can of lysol, and carrying a squirming 50 pound dog wrapped in a towel to the tub for a thorough "de-poop-ification," the job was finally done. Unfortunately, I was unable to salvage Oakleys toys and his food and water dishes. Other causalities included our outdoor rug which Oakley decided to stake out during our outside cleanup effort, causing irreversible poop-damage.

I know what you are thinking: "Gross! Why are you sharing this?!" Well, I will tell you why. I figure if I had to clean up the horror that was my living room all by my lonesome this morning, someone else should at least have to read about it. It's only fair. Really. It's only fair.

UPDATE: Just thought you would all want to know: Oakley had another accident this afternoon that had be cleaned up by yours truly. Pity me and my poor sick doggie!

0 l'il comments:

Post a Comment